Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of Rs 1350 crore AIIMS project to be constructed in Kothipura Bilaspur. PM also laid the foundation stones of Indian Institute of Information Technology Una and Steel plant project at Khandrori in Kangra district via video conference from Bilaspur.
PM Modi addressed a huge rally on the bank of Gobind Sagar Lake near Luhnu Ground. This was his 3rd rally in the poll bound Himachal Pradesh. Earlier he had addressed rallies at The Ridge Shimla and Mandi. Laying foundation stone of AIIMS just before election is a tactical move by Union Health minister J.P.Nadda, who also hails from Bilaspur. Union Health minister J.P. Nadda, former CMs Shanta Kumar and P.K. Dhumal also addressed the rally.
Here are some key points of PM Modi’s speech:
- I have a strong connection with Himachal Pradesh.
- I will be fortunate if I get the opportunity to work for Himachal Pradesh.
- Whenever we talk of agricultural revolution anywhere in the country, we always remember Bilaspur’s sacrifice
- Opening of AIIMS in Himachal Pradesh especially in this region of the state has a lot of benefits for people.
- Tourists come here from far off places. If they get access to AIIMS & get treated well, they will want to come here frequently.
- This AIIMS has not only come as lifeline for the people of Himachal but also a boost to the tourism sector here.
- We’re making a campus where over 3000 people will work together. This is also bringing employment opportunities.
- IIIT does not just mean setting up of a college. It is a stepping stone towards a more modern Himachal
- I had announced during the Mandi rally that we will give one rank one pension. We have disbursed 3 out of 4 installments that has benefitted ex-servicemen. Close to Rs 8,500 crore has been distributed.
- By conducting Surgical Strikes, the country’s military has shown its prowess and made the nation proud.
- There are 13 development projects in Himachal Pradesh for which Central Govt will invest Rs 15,000 Crore.
- The work done by the people of Himachal in terms of cleanliness was commendable. He also asked people to continue their work in terms of swachhta as it would attract more tourism for the state.
- The govt in Himachal is a “jamaanati sarkar” in the state. BJP has constantly been focusing on the CM, who is facing a CBI probe in a disproportionate assets case.
- Earlier there used to be only news about scams & corruption. Since we came to power, there has been no news of corruption.
- Himachal needs good roads & proper electricity. Only then tourism will get a boost and hence add to the state’s economy.
- Road and electricity can change the fate of Himachal. If there is non-stop power supply in the state, tourists would want to stay here. The more they stay, the more they will spend.
- Out of around 25 crore families, there are at least 4 crore families who do not have electricity in their homes. Through Saubhagya Yojana we want to ensure power for them These four crore families would get free power connection after which they can pay for the prepaid connection like they do for their mobile phones
(Story inputs from Indian Express and News Nation)